What I remember about the video of a man yelling at a stream:
- it took place in another country
- the man wore only a small covering over his private parts
- his voice was very hoarse
- the narrator explained that he did it for hours every day
- the yelling was not in english
- it was done as an offering
What struck me most was imagining the conviction necessary to do what he did: yell at a stream, for hours, day after day. The belief that it had meaning. That it was worthwhile. What thoughts went through his head as he got up, ate breakfast, and headed to the stream to yell at it? What was he yelling? Did his voice always hurt? What did his friends and family think? Was he considered crazy or normal?
For years I’ve tried to find the video again, but no luck.